This is a 3D rendition of the Batmobile from Bruce Timm’s Batman: The Animated Series (1993). I was responsible for all aspects of this project other than design.
The rig has in depth controls for wheels, lights, chassis, and for the car’s rear afterburner.
Programs used: Maya 2014
Poly Count: 9702
Further details on controls:
- React realistically to car translating in 3D space.
- Front tire steering.
- Manual override option to rotate tires as needed.
- Tire deflation using lattice system.
- Translatable tire shredder.
- The Batmobile’s afterburner uses a basic Maya particle cloud to render a simple yet impressive burn trail that reacts to speed.
- Controls for toggling exhaust on/off.
- Ability to change particle life span, glow intensity, and burn length.
- Main control for translating, rotating, globally scaling vehicle.
- Suspension control allowing car to lean forwards and backwards from various pivot points.
- Headlights and taillights can be toggled on/off
- Ability to control intensity, glow, dropoff rate, and cone angle.